- American: TGI Friday's,
6460 Capitol Drive, Greenbelt, MD. 301-345-2503.
- American: Potbelly Sandwich Shop,
10260 Baltimore Avenue, College Park, MD. 301-474-3333. If you are looking for good grease, e.g., Philly cheese steak, this is the place.
- Brew house: Franklin's Brewery, 5121 Baltimore Avenue, Hyattsville, MD.
"Yummy, filling food." Brewery on site. Funky "general store" adjacent. 5 mi from Cherry Hill on Route 1 south.
- Chinese: Royal Jade 7701 Greenbelt Rd, #101, Greenbelt, MD. 301-441-8880.
"Decent, reasonable, Asian food; not a destination restaurant, but something for most people's tastes."
- Japanese: Hanami Japanese, 8145-M Baltimore Avenue, College Park, MD. 301-982-9899 (Unrated)
- Korean: Da Rae Won, 5013 Garrett Ave., Beltsville, MD 20705
(location). 301-931-7878. Korean home-style food. A
reviewer liked the moderately priced food and lauded the home made noodle dishes, suggesting that one start with Mandu (fried dumplings), followed by a soup, etc. Some dishes are spicy-hot.
- Lebanese / American: New Deal Cafe, 113 Centerway, Roosevelt Center, Greenbelt, MD 20770.
301-474-5642. Emphasis is on Lebanese cuisine.
- "Mexican" - Chipotle, 5506 Cherrywood Lane, Greenbelt - across from Beltway Plaza. "Fresh, inexpensive, filling."
Chipotle says about its food: it's not just a burrito, it's a foil-wrapped, hand-crafted, local farm supporting, food culture changing, cylinder of deliciousness - food with integrity!
- Peruvian - Chicken: Pollo Cabana, 7423 Greenbelt Road, Greenbelt — in
the Greenway Shopping Center, right-rear, near Advance Auto. Saturday hours 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Order at the cashier and carry to your table. Good value; the chicken Caesar salad is yummy.
- Salvadoran: Pueblo Viejo, 10820 Rhode Island Ave #E, Beltsville, MD. 301-595-5955. "Great Salvadoran dive - homemade food."
- Thai: Siri's Chef's Secret Restaurant,
5810 Greenbelt Road. 301-345-6101. On north side of Greenbelt Road between 58th and the CVS, west of the Beltway
Plaza Mall. "Ooh, ooh." "Hard to spot, but yummy Thai food."
- "World Food:" Noodles & Co., 7320 Baltimore Avenue, College Park, MD. 301-779-5300.
Noodles, salads, sandwiches from around the world. "A reasonable chain place, inexpensive and filling."
A bit further a-field:
- Italian: Pasta Plus, 209 Gorman Ave.,
between north- and south-bound lanes of Route 1, Laurel. 301-498-5100. "FABULOUS! Great food, dreadful name, real tablecloths and a nice place." 10 mi from Cherry Hill Park.
- Tex-Mex: Tampico Grill, 42 Washington Blvd. (Rte 1 South), Laurel, 20707. 301-490-5200.
12 mi from Cherry Hill Park.
- Greenbelt is southeast of the dance venue, on the opposite (east) side of Route 1.
- Route 1 runs north/south from Beltsville, over the Beltway and south into College Park proper;
it is also known as Baltimore Road and Baltimore Avenue.
Thanks to Susan Taylor, Melissa Running and Fred Blonder for suggestions.