References - RRUUC Trip to El Salvador
June 29 to July 13, 2007
UCA / Martyrs
- Martha Doggett, Death Foretold: The Jesuit Murders in El Salvador. Washington, D.C.: Georgetown University Press/Lawyers Committee for Human Rights, 1993. A thorough account of the killings of priests and others, the cover-up, legal case and the political implications.
- Teresa Whitfield, Paying the Price: Ignacio Ellacuría and the Murdered Jesuits of El Salvador. Philadelphia, PA: Temple University Press, 1995. A "masterful telling of the wider story."
- Dean Brackley, The University and Its Martyrs: Hope from Central America (2nd ed). San Salvador: Centro Mons. Romero, 2005. A concise chronicle.
Peace Accords and Related Info
- Wikipedia history
- Georgetown University collection on El Salvador:
War, Peace, and Human Rights
- UN Sec. Gen. Report, 1995
text of agreement, U.S. Institute for Peace (USIP)
- El Salvador - Implementation of Peace Accords
(PDF), USIP, 2001
- U.N. Sec. Gen. statement, 2007
Millenium Challenge Corporation (MCC)
- U.S. State Department
- MCC press release
- U.S. Embassy, San Salvador,
Return to Reflections